Anime Reboot?

Peter
Administrator
Hola Compadres y Mamacitas,

Ash, oh how I use to look up to you.  I kinda feel like the anime well lost it's touch.  Now later on during Pokemon month I will be talking about why the anime is terrible but here I want to ask you all something.

Should the anime be rebooted?  Kinda like a DBZ Kai BUT WITH A NEW STORY?

I think Pokemon should be split up.  Ash in one timeline and well the Pokemon adventures in another.

The manga was great and made me want to pick up Pokemon after reading it.

What do you guys think?
Photobucket

Re: Anime Reboot?

Eliphix
I think they should go back to the more violent style of before. The new generation just seems to be so little kid friendly. I understand they're trying to bring in new players, but seriously. Television is supposedly becoming more violent; I think Pokemon missed the memo.

And if they can clearly make good looking anime. It's easier to like these characters in 6 minutes than Ash now in years.

Re: Anime Reboot?

Gary Oak
If there was an Anime reboot, I wouldn't exist anymore D:
(except in games)

Re: Anime Reboot?

Spirit
I would like them to remake Kanto like dragon ball z kai without the removal of all the fillers.
The world will look up and shout 'save us' and I'll whisper 'no'

Re: Anime Reboot?

Eliphix wrote
I think they should go back to the more violent style of before. The new generation just seems to be so little kid friendly. I understand they're trying to bring in new players, but seriously. Television is supposedly becoming more violent; I think Pokemon missed the memo.
Remember that Pokemon is still targeted at small kids. People like who are under 13. Be it the anime/manga/games etc. So I don't see them including violence in it.

Re: Anime Reboot?

Peter
Administrator
Ever read the manga?  It's filled with it.  Pokemon die or get severally hurt.

Story is so much better
Photobucket

Re: Anime Reboot?

Yep I've read pokemon adventures - yellow editon, from the manga when I was a little kid. I didn't see anything wrong with it at the time, and was so engrossed in it that I wondered why it wasn't 'the real thing'.

The manga have the concept that pokemon die instead of fainting. Fun fact, originally the show was going to be based off of the manga, with red as the main character. That idea was later scrapped due to the fact that many of the sales of the original games were from 10 year olds. Hence Ash.

Re: Anime Reboot?

StickDude
I'd love a reboot, either based off the Manga or completely following the games story line.
Black 2 FC: 1765-0498-0357

Re: Anime Reboot?

GoldndSilver7 wrote
Ever read the manga?  It's filled with it.  Pokemon die or get severally hurt.

Story is so much better
Nah never got around to the manga. Maybe if you're saying so, I'll read the manga. Lets see how they've made it.

Re: Anime Reboot?

Spooky96 wrote
So I don't see them including violence in it.
The earliest seasons had much more violence than they do now. Pokemon actually used to bite and scratch the each other, not just lunge forward with their mouth open and have it cut to the other flying backward. Even the animation style is so little, little kid oriented.

There doesn't need to be super realistic violence, but the show could use a bit more reality in it.

And less [insert literally anything here] connoisseurs.

Re: Anime Reboot?

Yuki
True because Ash is getting really dull since Sinnoh so we need some new action Kinda like Pokemon Chronicles... We need another show like that.
DbzSuperSonicSaiyan2/YukiTvX

Re: Anime Reboot?

Yellow de Viridian Grove
I would love the manga turned into anime but I would be kinda worried that they may do the same thing to Red that they did to Ash.
Screw this site we're all here ----> http://pokeregion.com/
Yes I am a fan of Specialshipping got a problem?
The one and only Yellow

Re: Anime Reboot?

Leafeon
Yes good point Yellow. The manga would be bad if it was touched too much... especially characters like you.

Re: Anime Reboot?

Mitch Please
They need Ash to go back to Kanto and older characters like Ritchie, Brock, Misty and Gary return and Ash goes through all of Kanto again trying beat all the gyms the Pokemon League and the Champion.
Mitch Please I'm Fabulous.

Re: Anime Reboot?

imacreeper5
Ash for Gods sake TEACH ME SPANISH LIKE DORA!!!!!!!!

Re: Anime Reboot?

Leafeon
imacreeper5 wrote
Ash for Gods sake TEACH ME SPANISH LIKE DORA!!!!!!!!
No. Let's just keep that for comedy value. Lombre can teach you spanish, but not Ash.

Re: Anime Reboot?

Ash Ketchum
OK, I don't get it. Why does that one guy want me to teach him Spanish?

Re: Anime Reboot?

imacreeper5
It is a reference a ten year old would never get...