New region based off France?

Poix
Maybe this is incredibly obvious, but the new region might be based off France.  Pikachu was on the Eiffel Tower in the beginning of the trailer and there was a building that looked very similar to the Palace of Versailles.

http://i.imgur.com/Xow5S.jpg

(I found the pic on reddit if you need a source)

Re: New region based off France?

Gary Oak
Makes sense because Masuda just visited France

Re: New region based off France?

Well...uhm...that's old new.

Re: New region based off France?

I think it's become more of an assumed fact by now.

(Sorry stealing your image Gary)

That tower in the background looks vaguely familiar...

"Here's more evidence Gen VI is in France. Cartesian coordinates (you know, X & Y) were developed by René Descartes, a French philosopher." Bulbagarden on Twitter