OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos
Well, I really have never made a good team for ou... and I try to make teams without weather or entry hazards... if you can help me make a good team using those guidelines, I would be very delighted!

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Dgolddc
entry hazards are prob the most inportant/helpfull thing in a battle

Re: OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos
BUT they are unneeded and I don't like them. So NO entry hazards for me.

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Loke the Umbreon
absol with psycho cut, megahorn, night slash, and foul play
Loke used Foul Play

Re: OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos
A TEAM not a pokemon but that is a start

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Dgolddc
well you need a beginner a physical sweeper  special sweeper a physical staler mixed staler and a wish healer would prob be the best

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Well, try to include some kind of strategy. I use my sun team, for example, and while sun isn't the best weather condition, I use it to boost the power of the pokemon in my team (which are good even without weather). My sun team has these basic kinds of pokemon on it:

Sweeper (volcarona)
Sweeper (leafeon)
Weather creator (if a non-weather team this can be any beneficial role really) (ninetails)
Supporter (lilligant)
Tech (annoyer) (breloom)
Staller (heatran)

Keep in mind you need to have a good, balanced typing in your team too. All pokemon on my sun team are fire or grass, and this comes in handy when going up against any other weather team, or normal team due to the balance. Also make sure you have a balanced moveset with moves that cover a wide range of types. Keep your sweepers and stallers balanced; leafeon is a physical attacker and volcarona is a special attacker, while heatran stalls both physical and special. Surprise your opponent with something they won't expect; I personally like putting an ice-type move onto one of my pokemon to surprise the opponent when they send out a dragon type.

All in all, be creative, experiment, and you'll have made an invincible team in no time.

Re: OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos
Well a user named PsychoX and I (he's a user on PS BTW) created a pretty good sandstorm team. I can battle you with it at an open time.

P.S. The annoyer thing that you added was HILARIOUS.

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Leafeon is also a Physical BEAST at walling

Re: OU Team Ideas!

trust me breloom is annoying i went to a tournament  and a breloom put every one of my pokemon to sleep

Re: OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos
however, i believe breloom has a low base speed, like 70, and abusing the sleep clause works. you need a fast flying type or something to counter breloom.

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Dgolddc
for some reason there isnt any status clause  in the tournaments  over here

Re: OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos wrote
Well a user named PsychoX and I (he's a user on PS BTW) created a pretty good sandstorm team. I can battle you with it at an open time.

P.S. The annoyer thing that you added was HILARIOUS.
Annoyers are a legit rank of pokemon in competitive battling. Flygon is also a pretty good annoyer, same with sigilyph. They're meant to annoy your opponent (so basically like mind games almost. )

Re: OU Team Ideas!

SuperEpicAmpharos wrote
Leafeon is also a Physical BEAST at walling
Why yes I am. I'm also good at physical attacking. It's a shame they didn't give me very many defensive moves, otherwise I'd be in OU.

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Leafeon isn't actually good in competitive battling, the best Grass Pokemon in he tier is Breloom, and after one Swords Dance, Technician boosted Mach Punch is actually hard to survive.

If you don't want to use entry hazards/weather, I suggest to use a Volt-Turn tea m - in which 4-5 of your Pokemon know the move Volt Switch or U-Turn.  I can battle with you some time to show you how good and fun it is.

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Dgolddc
maybe a scarfed scizor with u turn  max attack max sp  defense

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Spooky96
Dgolddc wrote
maybe a scarfed scizor with u turn  max attack max sp  defense
That's a stupid set -_-

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Dgolddc
it can get through alot of walls i took out a max defence max hp jirachi  in two hits with that 1 u turn did about 90%

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Spooky96
But the main thing is using s Scarf with no speed EVs...

Re: OU Team Ideas!

Leafeon
Spooky96 wrote
But the main thing is using s Scarf with no speed EVs...
Yeah, if you want it to be speedy replace the Sp.Def EVs with speed ones.