Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Gengar
So with 2013 only a few days away Game Freak undoubtedly has something big in-store for us in terms of gaming. Are there any hints that could indicate an RS remake is possible? or would you even like to see Ruby & Sapphire remakes?

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

GCPM11
Administrator
I would personally love remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on the 3DS. I think it would be a perfect way to get everyone to transition over to the Nintendo 3DS.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Yeah I really am desperate to get R/S remakes. I'm sure they'll announce it the next few months and probably get the US release in late 2013 or or early 2014. As of right now, there aren't any hints suggesting the remakes though, but surely, R/S remakes would be made.

Good profile pic TC

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

kingpandeno
but wat bout ppl that cant afford 3ds
ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ /’’’)*(‘’’\ ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Spooky96
kingpandeno wrote
but wat bout ppl that cant afford 3ds
I really think that the remakes would be released on DS.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

If they've had the Development Kit for the 3DS since 2010, that gives them 3 years to set up a game for the 3DS they're going to take that opportunity, if anything it would boost sales of 3DS for hard core Pokemon fans. If Gen VI comes first, again that will undoubtedly be on 3DS and if the remakes were to follow they would also be on 3DS so IMO it's inevitable for the next set of games to be on the 3DS.

Administrator
Unfortunately for many DS users, you are right. Everyone is going to be forced to switch to the Nintendo 3DS sooner or later.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Spooky96
But looking by the simple logic....

Gen 3 had R/S and R/B remakes.
Gen 4 had D/P and G/S remakes.
So... gen 5 should have B/W and /R/S remakes.

And then gen 6 will have X/Y and should have D/P remakes.

Besides, I guess as of right now 3DS sales still aren't enough to sell Pokemon games (Which sell really good).

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Ho-oh
There is no doubt in my mind Gamefreak will remake R/S, i'm actually rather surprised they haven't announced anything at this point.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

I do think they will make the remakes, it's just a matter of when they decide to release them. With B2W2 it kind of steered the whole "pattern" situation off course so now, Gen VI could come at the end of 2013 as testing grounds for the 3DS and then remakes could follow in 2014.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Hydreigon
Maybe the remakes could come late 2013 for japan and 2014 in canada/us/u.k?
"RIP Hydreigon. I will always train you in my game to always remember you"~Mysterious trainer.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

I would like to see remakes, they can include the Unova Pookemon after the E4, and can bring back old events such as Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, and Deoxys.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Hydreigon wrote
Maybe the remakes could come late 2013 for japan and 2014 in canada/us/u.k?
That are my thoughts exactly.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

I'm still hoping for a remake next year, even if that means Japan getting it by the end of 2013 and an International release in early 2014. That would fit right in with the four year new gen cycle.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

I'm looking forward to an R/S remake, as I started out with Ruby. The pattern has been thrown off, though, and Gamefreak already did something for the R/S anniversary. I thought just hit me. Since the "third game" was actually two sequels, will it be an Emerald remake? Or even a sequel to R/S?

Think about it.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

Sethfink1
Perhaps after gen 6... in the format that their going in right now they had 1st & 2nd gen then a remakes of first alongside 3rd then 4th and heartgold/soulsilver in between platinum and b/w1  maybe after gen 6 they will make a remake of gen 3 which regardless of when its made i think quite a ton of people would buy it instantaneously.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

They did a Wi-Fi release of Kyogre & Groudon for White 2 and Black 2 respectively. With the remakes I'd assume they would incorporate Emerald features into both Ruby & Sapphire remakes as they did with HGSS.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

johnr754
It's probably not going to happen for Gen V.

It sadly may only be a 3DS game, but then again, the 3DS isn't THAT expensive, compared to its launch price. Only $170. Compared to the Wii U.
White FC: 2323 2195 8842

The sales for 3ds are not high compared to ds. I think gamefreak should be smarter then that
"RIP Hydreigon. I will always train you in my game to always remember you"~Mysterious trainer.

Re: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake Speculation

The 3DS is doing considerably well from what I've heard, once the price is reduced I think sales will increase and more anticipated games are released such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mystery Dungeon.
1234