Shiny Encounters

Eliphix
So, Shinies. The ever elusive marvel of the Pokemon games. Some of us have only heard of them in whispers, while others have our own encounters with the rarities.

SO, tell us about any Shinies you've seen or managed to capture!

Personal Story:
Years ago, my friend and I were hanging out, and he was playing Emerald. In the Safari Zone, to be precise. And we were joking around, being happy little elementary kids. Until a sparkle caught our eyes. There before us lay a rumored Shiny Pokemon: an Aipom

After the initial shock of the encounter, we realized with a horror where he was, and as many people know, the Safari Zone isn't known for it's reliable captures.

So after some debating, we decide to throw some bait at it. It sits there, naive as it could be, munching on it. We risk another one, and it continues to eat.

Now, we finally manage the courage the throw the Safari Ball...

Tick...
Tick...
Tick...
Oh no! It appeared to be caught!
The Pokemon fled...

And so, that day will live in infamy in our memories, as the first Shiny we ever saw...

Re: Shiny Encounters

GCPM11
Administrator
Very touching story. My first ever shiny encounter was on a trap floor in the Team Rocket HQ located in Mahogany town. I was playing Pokemon Gold and at the time, I didn't know why the geodude was colored that way. My first thought was "I guess this is just like the red gyarados thing but it happens when you play through the game a second time." Fortunately, I was able to capture the geodude and keep it. I never got to evolve it though. My Pokemon Gold cartridge got lost during a family road trip and I never saw my shiny geodude again.

Re: Shiny Encounters

There I was, a year or two ago....
I thought, "I'll mess around in Pokemon Ruby for no reason."
I surfed around that one island with the fog and graves, I can't remember the name.
BAM! Green Wingull. I didn't flip out. I just thought, "is that that special shiny thing or whatever? Let's catch it!" Well, I think. I might've flipped out. So I caught it. I looked up the odds with shiny pokemon and everything else about them. Currently the Wingull resides in my Pokemon White Version.

THE END

Re: Shiny Encounters

GCPM11
Administrator
Now that I remember, I didn't freak out either. I was more confused than anything. I'm glad you still have your first shiny though.

Re: Shiny Encounters

A good story indeed. I only had one shiny encounter in my life. It was Pokemon Emerald in Meteor Falls (The place where you can fight Steven after E4 IIRC) The shiny pokemon was....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The most annoy thing thing in all history of Pokemon Games.....

I still caught it anyways.

Re: Shiny Encounters

Now, he may have lost the first Shiny we ever saw.
But NONETHELESS, we did not give up.

Along came Diamond and Pearl, which my friend and I played thoroughly (me to the point of owning three copies of Diamond but that's for another time).
This was the beginning of a long series of me being at the end of some cosmic joke.

This first shiny that I was fated to meet on my own game was...
Cute? Yes. Impressive? No.

BUT, the Pokemon cosmos was not done with me yet. I decided to make a Nuzlocke playthrough on Pokemon Black. I was comfortably grinding before the first gym when suddenly...
Cute? YES. Impressive? NO.

And yes, I'm ashamed to say that I broke the laws of Nuzlocke and caught it anyway. I still need to transfer it over to White so I can restart that game.

Moral of the story? POKEMON HAS A SICK SENSE OF HUMOR.

Re: Shiny Encounters

I've only ever legitimately encountered one shiny and that was in Diamond a few years ago. I'd just started a new game and I was in the second Route and a Shiny Shix Lv. 4 appeared, at the time I wasn't aware of how rare it was but I still caught it and trained it up to a Level 60 Luxray, it was great.

Re: Shiny Encounters

Yuki
Well my first shiny was in emerald I was going to rustboro city then I ran into a shiny marril I had no clue why it was green but I actually caught it but the bad ending to this I transferred my Pokemon to heart gold and forgot to transfer that marril and started emerald all over now that marril is gone
DbzSuperSonicSaiyan2/YukiTvX

Re: Shiny Encounters

darkdragontbz10807
my first shiny is when I was about to get the all mighty giratina. so when I talk to it I found it shiny. I flipped out and caught it. now it is in my pokemon white 2 resting in a pc
pokemon is awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Shiny Encounters

I remember playing FireRed and suddenly, after the first Gym, I found a shiny Sperrow. Unlike most people, I knew how unique it was. However, my Pokemon were overpowered, and I only had a few Pokeballs. I din't hit it because I didn't want it to faint. However, I ran out of Pokeballs and I was forced to run. I was only 7 or 8 at the time.

In the same game, I found a Shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone. I wanted to catch it but it ran away.

However, the first shiny I caught in the same game was the Almighy, LEDGENDARY

MAGIKARP

Today, it is a Shiny Gyarados and it is in White 2.

All of these encounters happened in the same year, same game, same save.

Re: Shiny Encounters

Ziimzy
My first shiny encounter was on leaf green. I was playing through and an onix shows up. Had no idea what shinies were and i just thought cool a green onix and ran as normal. Shame i didnt know at the time :(. But my second and last shiny encounter so far was a green chansey in soul silver in a swarm looking for lucky eggs lol. I saw it, fraked out got my camera and while looking through the video screen i miss clicked and ran. I freaked out and swore for like an hour and had to delete the video because it was so depressing :( I love shinies ;(
FC for trading: 3139 5105 5960 Photobucket

Re: Shiny Encounters

Volcarona
My first shiny was a Zubat in Mt. Moon in FireRed. I saw it maybe three more times after I restarted the game that many times as well. I thought it was ugly as heck and as a 7 year old didnt think about it. To this day I never saw it again. But FOUR TIMES ALL SHINY ZUBATS

Re: Shiny Encounters

Blue
my little brother was playing pokemon diamond and we were going into the cave to talk to the first m leader so he can into his gym and the second we went and wild zubat came out with green skin and we cought but we LOL like no tomorrow.

Re: Shiny Encounters

Very first shiny I encountered was Ponyta. I had just got Pokemon Diamond when it first came out in 2006, before the first Gym I decided to train in the grass before going in the mine. Soon I encountered the Ponyta, I was confused but I still caught it.

Re: Shiny Encounters

I was at a friend's house, just sitting there playing my game with him, when out of the blue he asked me to help him get through victory road. Of course I was a little annoyed, and told him to do it himself, but he pleaded for me to help him and so I accepted, annoyed. I was halfway through when all of a sudden a gabite appears - normal looking, but that was definitely the sound of a shiny! I frantically tried to capture it, and sure enough, the shiny animation appeared on the screen. I caught it and got my friend through victory road. He said he wanted the shiny, and I told him his payment for my help was the shiny. He gave it to me, and I still have that gabite today, now a garchomp, on my platinum version.

However my first shiny was also on a friend's game - I was fishing on her diamond and I encountered a red gyarados.  My third was the gabite, my fourth, oh boy, this is a funny story. I was fishing in platinum looking for the legendary LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP. I was determined to get that fish, and I swore to keep on fishing until I found it. But I found a shiny magikarp instead. It is now a red gyarados.

Re: Shiny Encounters

wae1029
I found a shiny Rhydon while training in victory road on my platinum game and I caught it.