So, what happened?

Eliphix
Options to debate:

1. The animation style (Ash's eyes, FOR EXAMPLE. WHY ARE THEY BROWN NOW?!)

2. The new characters (the sidekicks, for example)

3. Wild card: Team Rocket

4. Other

Let me start off with ASH'S EYES and the animation. Everything seems to have taken a turn toward "let's try to copy the new little kid shows". The animation used to have a much higher appeal to young adults as well as the younger audiences, but now it seems to be geared toward the younger kids exclusively.

And WHAT WAS THE POINT OF CHANGING ASH'S EYE COLOR?! REALLY

Re: So, what happened?

Leafeon
I think the animators got lazy with the eyes. Either that or they are trying to copy... *shudders* Ben 10 now...

In fact, I've noticed the show is almost like that other show now. I think they're trying to get more money by copying the same kind of feel Ben 10 has. I don't watch it, but I've seen it while flicking channels every now and then and it seems very similar.

Re: So, what happened?

They change these things over the years, it just how they do things.

Re: So, what happened?

To be honest, I stopped watching the anime. It's just gotten ridiculous. Ash is still 10, Pikachu gets reset every time, and all the characters get more and more childish. The only change I liked was Team Rocket becoming more sinister, smarter, and more epic. If Gamefreak makes every other character have a few more IQ points I might tune in every once in a while.

Re: So, what happened?

Eliphix
I'm pretty sure even Team Rocket started to revert back to their old ways after a while, didn't they? They need to stop making it so. Little kid. Oriented. I know that the target audience of Pokemon is a very young age, but that doesn't mean you target for 4 year olds and hope they enjoy it until their teens; they should target it to the preteens, since the younger audiences will still end up watching it.

Re: So, what happened?

Lionhart
Team Rocket has turned a lot more mature in this series then they ever have been. I kinda like that better.

Re: So, what happened?

it used to be so good now its just ridiculous i dont even watch it any more

Re: So, what happened?

Lionhart
I dont either but I think the only positive change was making team rocket more mature.

Re: So, what happened?

thats true there plans are better and they aren't losing every episode

Re: So, what happened?

Gary Oak
It really needs more Gary

Re: So, what happened?

Dgolddc
yeah i wish they would bring gary back but i dont think they will

Re: So, what happened?

Gary Oak
Dgolddc wrote
yeah i wish they would bring gary back but i dont think they will
They must!

Re: So, what happened?

It would've been cool to see Gary in Black & White.. that sprite.

Re: So, what happened?

Gary Oak
Gengar wrote
It would've been cool to see Gary in Black & White.. that sprite.
Why did they boot me out :C
Whatever I live on the internet as Gary Motherfucking Oak

Re: So, what happened?

Spooky96
I haven't been catching up with the anime at all, but Gary became a Professor, right?

Re: So, what happened?

Eliphix
He's at least a researcher. Not sure if he's at the level to receive the title "Professor".

Re: So, what happened?

Gary Oak
Yeah I am a researcher, but I still should come in and kick Ash's ass

Re: So, what happened?

Sonic
... Are you guys complaining about the eyes?

-Sonic trauma-
Super Sonic And Super Shadow

Re: So, what happened?

 I think you should have an episode where you come in kick Ash's ash... and leave him stunned.

Re: So, what happened?

Sonic
LOL, seems like wasn't surprised either...
Super Sonic And Super Shadow
12