Sylveon's Type

SuperSonik360
Okay, I know most of these posts are of it's type but I think I've got something here.  Look at this picture. (that you've probably seen)

Theory #1

Flareon is Super Effective Against Glaceon
Umbreon is Super Effective Against Espeon
Leafeon is Super Effective Against Vaporeon
Sylveon is Super Effective Against Jolteon

Type #1 - Ground ~ So it has to be super effective against Electric which is only Ground but it doesn't look like a Ground type so it must be a new type.

And if it's super effective against Electric then it must be something that stops Electric.

Type #2 - Wood ~ Wood is a type people have been thinking of and if the wood is dry then it's a bad conductor of electric but again, that does not look like a "Wood" Pokémon but I believe there was talk about how in one language it's name meant forest?

Type #3 - Cloth ~ Sylveon also has a bow and it looks "clothy" and cloth is also a poor conductor of electricity but again, I doubt a new type would be cloth.

Theory #2

Flareon is Super Effective Against Glaceon
Umbreon is Super Effective Against Espeon
Leafeon is Super Effective Against Vaporeon
Jolteon is Super Effective Against Sylveon

Type #1 - Flying ~ Nothing to discuss here.

Type #2 - Steel ~ Electric could become super effective to Steel because it's a good conductor.

-New Types-

Type #3 - Metal ~ Instead of making Electric super effective to Steel, make it good against Metal.

Theory #3

Type #1 - Normal ~ It looks like some Normal Pokémon.

-New Type-

Type #2 - Love/Cute/Heart ~ Sylveon was introduced on Valentine's Day and many Normal Type Pokémon look like they could be a type like that, so maybe they would change all of these Pokémon to that type.

~List - Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Snubbull, Miltank, Blissey, Skitty, Delcatty, Happiny, and Audino.  So most of them are pink.

Re: Sylveon's Type

Dgolddc
umm this was posted a long time ago http://gcpm11-forums.2322141.n4.nabble.com/Big-hint-that-Sylveon-is-Flying-type-td9335.html

Re: Sylveon's Type

Slaking
Interesting theory, but there are a few stops. Ground? No, because Sylveon does not come across as "earthy", so Rock is out, too. Steel was a possibility, but it has no metallic influences of any sort. It definitely cannot be Dragon because, again, it has no ties to the type. Bug is a good hypothesis because of it's name as well as the ribbons it wears. I think it will most likely be Flying-type, because of it's appearance and name: Sylveon is derived from the word Sylph, which is the name for an elemental spirit creature that controls the air and wind. Plus, look at the region of Gen VI: it closely resembles France, England, and most of Western Europe   and Scandinavia; it makes sense that Sylveon is Flying-type because the French and English love to fly kites that are pretty colors, and they have a tendency to lean towards anything delicate and lightly-colored. All I know is that they better not make Sylveon a Normal evolution of Eevee, otherwise they just defeat the purpose of Eevee's evolutionary capabilities.
Slaking is loafing around... and enjoying every minute of it...

Re: Sylveon's Type

SuperSonik360
Yeah, you're probably right I always thought that it was going to be Flying but it's fun to speculate... :D

Re: Sylveon's Type

SuperSonik360
I know but I just wanted to give my speculation and see what people thought of it. ^_^

Re: Sylveon's Type

Its most likely Flying type. That's why it  has those attached ribbons floating around it.

Re: Sylveon's Type

harrypotter<3
Well, there IS a theory on two new types which are Sound and Light, so Sylveon might be one of those.

Re: Sylveon's Type

John Doe
There will definitely be a new type we just have to stop thinking so hard Light type Sylveon is light type

Re: Sylveon's Type

Spooky96
John Doe wrote
There will definitely be a new type we just have to stop thinking so hard Light type Sylveon is light type
Yes, just like how how 3rd, 4th and 5th generations went.

Re: Sylveon's Type

I'm sure Sylveon will be a flying-type.

Re: Sylveon's Type

kylesar
I have to say it narrows down to either Normal or Flying Type. Why Normal? because there are no appearance things that hint it towards anything else, other than sylph, which makes it Bug-Type, and I don't believe it'll be that. Flying Type? There's no other type it could be other than Normal.
But I say Normal Type. Why? I believe you all are looking to deep into its name and appearance. I look at the most worthy evidence: the moves it used in the gameplay.
I'm trying to figure out the moves, but I have 1 definitely down and another idea:
Swift (Normal)
Trump Card (Normal)
Weather Ball? (Normal)
as for the last one, I have no idea
but half the moves are normal, so that definitely leads me to Normal Type more than Flying Type
The only TRUE Pokemon Master Bow before my Pokemon awesomeness

Re: Sylveon's Type

Gary Oak
Okay do I have to post this again?

Re: Sylveon's Type

kylesar
Nice, but like I said, I look more at Normal Type than anything

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Gary Oak [via GCPM11 Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay do I have to post this again?

http://gcpm11-forums.2322141.n4.nabble.com/Sylveon-s-Type-tp10214p10719.html
To unsubscribe from Sylveon's Type, click here.
NAML

The only TRUE Pokemon Master Bow before my Pokemon awesomeness
SUP

Re: Sylveon's Type

SUP
My Logical Theory:

I believe Eevee evolves into Sylveon after achieving max beauty in Pokemon Contests. Much Similar to Feebas. That is IF they plan to bring back contests.

Look at its bows, its eyes, those ribbons. This is reasonable.

Its type is still a mystery, I believe it will be a Normal, or Light (if introduced).

Re: Sylveon's Type

They wouldn't be making such a big deal about its type being a mystery if there wasn't going to be something special. Like seriously, do you really think they'll have all this mystery and hype just at the end to announce "Lol bug type". It just wouldn't be logical to have it be any kind of simple evolution. It's going to be a new type or some other complex evolution method.

And also, it doesn't make sense really for it to be a Normal type. Eevee is a normal type. Eevee is brown. Why would its evolution not also be brown? The beauty theory makes sense as a counter to that argument, but there's no evidence that the contest system will be reintroduced.

Re: Sylveon's Type

kylesar
I just look at Sylveon's moves
half or more of them are Normal Type, so I just assume that i

They wouldn't be making such a big deal about its type being a mystery if there wasn't going to be something special. Like seriously, do you really think they'll have all this mystery and hyper just at the end to announce "Lol bug type". It just wouldn't be logical to have it be any kind of simple evolution. It's going to be a new type or some other complex evolution method.

http://gcpm11-forums.2322141.n4.nabble.com/Sylveon-s-Type-tp10214p10814.html
To unsubscribe from Sylveon's Type, click here.
NAML

The only TRUE Pokemon Master Bow before my Pokemon awesomeness

Re: Sylveon's Type

Eliphix
kylesar wrote
I just look at Sylveon's moves half or more of them are Normal Type
Where are you seeing her moves? Could you share a link? I can't imagine there would be an official release of that kind of information.

Re: Sylveon's Type

MagicDrag0n
I Agree with what your saying about it being flying type, as i found that Sylveon IS the lightest Eevee eveloution, suggesting flying type... or maybe ghost, with they eyes looking quite strange...

Re: Sylveon's Type

kylesar
I'm talking about when Sylveon was first revealed in the gameplay

http://gcpm11-forums.2322141.n4.nabble.com/Sylveon-s-Type-tp10214p10837.html
To unsubscribe from Sylveon's Type, click here.
NAML

The only TRUE Pokemon Master Bow before my Pokemon awesomeness

Re: Sylveon's Type

MagicDrag0n wrote
I Agree with what your saying about it being flying type, as i found that Sylveon IS the lightest Eevee eveloution, suggesting flying type... or maybe ghost, with they eyes looking quite strange...
General Eeveelution argument:

While those are valid points, there is much more support for it not being any of the existing types (excluding possibly Normal). Look at the previous Eeveelutions:

Without much thought or speculation, it is very easy to tell what type the evolution is. Eeveelutions have pretty much always had that "type incarnate" feel to it. Sylveon, on the other hand, has very little visual evidence that would lead a person to classify it under any of the existing types (again, excluding Normal type, as many other mono-Normals have the pink and girlish characteristics).

Flying type argument:

Yes, Sylveon does have a few trace elements in its visuals that would lead one to believe it might be a Flying type. Namely, the whole "Sylph" (a sprite or fairy of the wind or air element) thing. Yes, this does provide evidence to support the Flying type possibility, but I don't think that's enough. In the footage we've seen, the ribbon-like parts are flowing with the wind, but that's quite a stretch. In the same video, you can see leaves floating around; wind blowing Sylveon's little ribbons around does not make her a flying type. Another Pokemon with flowing ribbons that's not a Flying type:

Back to the past Eeveelutions, they all have visual traits that definitely classify them into a type. Sylveon does not have these with Flying type. Looking at past Flying types, they share several things in common. Many are birds, one, and if you look carefully, you'll see Sylveon is not a bird. Those that are not birds do have some kind of flying capabilities, such as Jumpluff being able to float on the wind (excluding Gyarados). And even then, the vast majority still have some kind of wings. Also, look at the Flying type Arceus (as well as other notable Flying types):

Notice how Flying type Arceus's secondary color becomes a light gray and white. It's why I like its color scheme so much. The Flying type 'essence' is that of light blue, white, light gray, colors you see in the sky. And while there are many Flying type birds that are brown (I'm thinking of Pidgeot, Fearow, etc.), they get that from their Normal typing, as seen in Pokemon like Tauros and Eevee. Also in the other three sprites I just mentioned, you'll notice that, while they have secondary typings, they have a very cloudy and fluffy look to them, since that's kind of what the Flying type is all about: the sky, flying, etc. You don't see any of these in Sylveon (except the eyes, which really don't count, as the color scheme as a whole directly discounts that).

Ghost type argument:

Okay, I see where people are getting this from. Sylveon does look really eerie, especially its eyes. But, one must look at previous designs of Pokemon when thinking about Ghost types. Generally, Ghost types have a fairly dark color scheme, with cool colors being included as well. Notable examples:

Why I believe these are very important when looking at the general Ghost type is the fact that, well, they're ghosts. There are some Pokemon that have the Ghost type, but they're not really "ghosts", as their other type takes priority when you look at the design (I'm talking to you Frillish). And why am I focusing on the "ghost" looking Pokemon? Because it's the "Ghost" type. And, again, Eeveelutions are the incarnate of their type. So, it makes sense that the evolution that has the Ghost type would be very ghosty. And yes, Sylveon is eerie as heck if you stare into its eyes long enough, it just doesn't look like a ghost.
Also, Victini. Look at its eyes:

Not a ghost type.

kylesar wrote
I'm talking about when Sylveon was first revealed in the gameplay
I'm not really sure how you're getting Normal type out of these moves. The first move doesn't really scream Normal type (it actually kind of looks like Brave Bird, but there's no way of being sure). The second move is completely new, so there's no way of telling its typing. The third is some kind of energy thing, so maybe electric or dark or psychic or something new? But definitely no way of saying Normal. And okay, the final one does look like Swift, but there's still no way of knowing for sure what any of these moves are, let alone their typing.

For those who haven't seen or perhaps have forgotten what the moves look like: