Teach me how to not be bad please

Eliphix
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou13815798

UUUUGGGHHHHH. I can only play with SubPunch Pokemon and stalls. Anything else and I just do so many misplays.

SOMEONE MAKE ME NOT BAD PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Re: Teach me how to not be bad please

Leafeon
I think what you need to focus on is finding good offensive strategies. For example flying gem + acrobatics. Either that, or you need a good tank that you can rely on.

Re: Teach me how to not be bad please

Eliphix
My Rain Dance team has two tanks: Jirachi and Skarmory. But I over predict and then I get mad, so I then fail to predict the next time.

And I'm not sure that that is an "offensive strategy". Since it would only really work for one turn. I have a Normal Gem on my Ambipom on one of my teams for the lulz though.

Re: Teach me how to not be bad please

You still won the match though. I'll just comment on every turn.

Turn 1: Unfortunate for you, Skarmory getting to sturdy is sheer bad luck. people barely run a mixed set on T-tar.
Turn 2: You should not have switched into your Politoed because you need to win the weather war, so try to preserve is as much as possible. You shiuld have just left your Skarmory in - either for Spikes or some other last ditch effort move.
Turn 3: Ice Beam wasn't the best move to go for, you should have just played it safe  and went for the Hydro Pump/Surf, because in rain even Latios will take around 40% damage. He woudln't bring Scizor as its nearly OHKO'ed by Hydro Pump, neither Alakazam because he wouldn't want to break it's Sash, of course not Gliscor as its a physical wall+ it doesn't want to take HP/Ice Beam anyways, and of course Politoed would have taken more damage from Hydro Pump too.

Turn 4: Yeah, sorta over prediction here, Hydro Pump still could have done a hell of a lot damage.
Turn 5: Your set is a little strange too, I mean Focus Blast+Ice Beam+Encore?! >_>
Turn 6: In sandstorm, Starmie can't do anything, unless its Specs, plus Crunch and Pursuit on a switch always results in it's death. So that switch in was a bad play :|

Well the rest is fine. Though I prefer the Bulk Up or Swords Dance variant of Toxicroak.

Re: Teach me how to not be bad please

Well, I can't do much, but if you need help with that, I suggest maybe editing your team or make a different one. I used to make terrible teams until I found out new strategies and players thoughs and learned to predict better. Practice makes perfect. Trying something new is always a good thing. Being original is also always a good thing, even if its terrible. It will lead to greater feats and better accomplishments and teams. So, my advice is try something new. People will see right through you otherwise. Don't make yourself too obvious.

Re: Teach me how to not be bad please

There is a problem with b-up toxicroak. 1. Too slow. Sd is double that only taking 3 turns instead of six. 2. Toxicroak still falls to an easy psychic unless you have a focus sash. Idk about you, but the s-punch may be too obvious and your opponent may not fall for it. Also, you need something to take out psychic types that are setting up. I may be young, but I still will easily get around your unoriginality. I ran a double defense scrafty with payback d-punch amnesia and iron defense. Nobody saw it coming. Tried to status me, shed skin. It was easy until people got crit hax...