The Best of the Best in Pokemon Types (by Generation)

The Best of the Best in Pokemon Types (by Generation)

Slaking
This post was updated on .
After weeks of searching the Internet, and by scanning my own Pokemon, I have made a list of MY best Pokemon by type from EVERY generation. This list is to also commemorate the upcoming release of X and Y in October, so when the time comes that I have completed that generation, this list will be updated.

NOTE: This list does NOT include exclusive/rare Pokemon, including starters, Legends, or other hard-to-obtain Pokemon; the list is STRICTLY for ordinary Pokemon (Fossil Pokemon can be included).
Also, generation 1 will NOT include any Dark or Steel type Pokemon, as those types were not introduced until generation 2.

Grass:

Fire:

Water:

Normal:

  (obviously!)

Electric:

Flying:

Fighting:

Bug:

Ghost:

Only Misdreavus, who isn't that good until Gen. 4...

Psychic:

Rock:

Ground:

Ice:

No good Ice Pokemon except Sneasle, who isn't very good until Gen. 4...

Poison:

Dragon:

Steel:

Dark:

Slaking is loafing around... and enjoying every minute of it...