sylveon's type = ???

Dgolddc
so vaporeon, jolteon and flareon have there types in the name   vapor (water vapor) = water  jolt = electricity  flare = fire   then there is  espeon and umbreon   esp (esp is when you can see the future) = psychic  umbra (umbra is a shadow)  = dark     and then the last eeveelutions until gen 6 is glaceon and leafeon  glac (glacier) = ice  and leaf = grass  now in gen 6 sylveon is the next eeveelution  now sylv = ???

Sylvan or Silvan refers to an association with the woods. Specifically, that which inhabits the wood, is made of tree materials, or comprises the forest itself. The term can also refer to a person who resides in the woods or a spirit of the wood.[1] In mythology, the term also refers to deities or spirits of the woods.[2]
        Look up sylvan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

The term in English is from the Latin silva meaning "forest, woods." This root is found in place names in Canada such as Sylvan Lake [1] (as in wooded lake) in Alberta, Sylvan Valley Regional Park Reserve in Saskatchewan, and in the United States like Pennsylvania (lit. "Penn's woods") and Spotsylvania. The first names Sylvester and Sylva(i)n, and the female name Sylvia/Silvia, are also from the Latin word.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Chris
This post was updated on .
Some people are guessing that the prefix could be from the word Sylph, which is a fairy-like being/elemental associated with the wind/air.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Dgolddc
that is enough proof for me its a flying type

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Re: sylveon's type = ???

LegendOfGodness
i want it to be a assasin pokemon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BEST IN THE WORLD !!!

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Gary Oak
Again:

Therefore flying type :P

Re: sylveon's type = ???

I support the "Sylph" theory as foreign names for Sylveon contain "Nymph". If you don't know what a nymph is, shame on you! Go read stuff on Greek Mythology

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Dgolddc
i kinda know what nymph is i dont really pay attention to school and i wasnt thinking about sylph ill do more research on that

Re: sylveon's type = ???

imacreeper5
Flying type is a very good guess

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Leafeon
Could also be steel type, but flying is... awkward. It doesn't have wings? Even though the proof is there.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Dgolddc
yeah it just doesnt make sense the only thing that will make sense if its a new type

Re: sylveon's type = ???

tungztenarrow
Sylveon is either a bug-type or a flying-type. But I'm leaning more toward BUG-type. Eeveelution names have a lot to do with their type.

English/Italian/Spanish name: Sylveon
Derived from the butterfly species "Parthenos sylvia"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenos_sylvia
It has bug-like eyes and butterfly bows similar to the basic wing shape of the Parthenos sylvia.
If Sylveon is based on the word "sylph"--why the name Sylveon and not Sylpheon instead?

French name: Nymphali
Based on the largest family of diurnal butterflies, which is "Nymphalidae."

Japanese name: Ninfia / Nymphia
Ninfa - a butterfly conservatory
Nymph - an insect larva

German name: Feelinara
Derived from "Feelina" which is a German board game involving butterflies.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38514/feelina

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Dgolddc
its not going to be a bug type

Re: sylveon's type = ???

tungzten_arrow
it's still possible for Sylveon to be a bug-type.

ya never know. at this point, everything is open to speculation.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

tungzten_arrow
These are flying-types (or part-flying types) without wings...
Doduo, Dodrio, Gyarados, Landorus, Thundurus, Drifloom, Drifblim and Rayquaza.

"Wings" are not the only qualifications for a pokemon to become flying-type. Maybe the ribbons wisping through the wind could be reference to it becoming a flying-type. maybe, just maybe, it could run through the wind since it's the lightest eeveelution. ya never know. just saying.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

tungzten_arrow
my best guess would be bug-type though.
if not, it could be a flying-type or normal.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

doduo and dodrio are hardly birds they should not be considered birds gyardos has little wings  Landorus, Thundurus are genies so of course they can fly drifloon and driblim -_- come on they are baloons baloons can fly and rayquaza is a sky dragon so that is why it fly's

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Frostbite
"Doduo and dodrio are hardly birds"? Tell that to Ostriches and emus. and where exactly are these "wings" on Gyarados?

anyway, I find the idea that Sylveon is flying-type to be really plausible. It seems like those ribbons float in the wind in the trailer it was shown in. It's also possible it can fly without wings, you never know.

And this is just a longshot typing, but Dragon type would be an awesome type(albeit ridiculous for its look), because maybe all the sylph and nymph references are supposed to show that its mystical, like dragons are.

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Dgolddc
Gyarados was actually supposed to be water/dragon  but there was only one type that would have been super effective against it which would be dragon but in the game gyarados was going to be released in there was only one dragon move dragon rage which only did 40 damage so gyarados would have been to powerfull so they changed the type to flying

Re: sylveon's type = ???

Well, someone on PS (Pokemon Showdown) said that in the french name it has the work nymph and nymph apperantly means something bug related so it might be a bug type